Wednesday, April 28, 2010

They say your attitude determines your latitude.

Life's been pretty hectic lately. Finals at the end of this week, dance competitions left, right, & center, worlds prelims in less than a month, and on top of that work and a relationship. I feel like I have a million responsibilities all competing for my attention. You could say I'm stressed out- stressed out would be an understatement. I'm surprised I haven't had a mental breakdown yet. I'm sure all of this is unhealthy but I have no choice but to push through it all.

I have to study.
I have to practice & improve.
I have to work.
I have to be 100% committed to worlds and my crew.
I have to be there for her, I want to be there for her.

I've always been the type of person to be unsatisfied with something gained unless I've worked for it and feel like I DESERVE it. Personally, that feeling of accomplishment at the end of everything is what keeps me going. Seeing those A's, seeing myself improve, seeing that pay cheque at the end of every two weeks, winning prelims with my crew, and coming home to her after everything. It's the best feeling in the world seeing your hard work pay off and knowing that you deserve everything you've worked for. I can't wait....

Now to end this blog with lyrics from one of my favorite Drake songs. Drake's always been an inspiration to me and his songs are always on point. He went from nothing to what he is now without a record label, that's inspiration right there.

"Hardly home but always reppin', you hardly own it always second,
when im awake u always restin, and when they call you the
answer you will hardly question,
I, Im doin classic shit in all my sessions,
other nigga's situations they are all depressin,
that's why I never follow yall suggestion's, i just always did my own thing,
now I run the game you stupid muthasuckas
I see all these money through my ohio state buck eyes,
shit been goin good, but good can turn to better,
cuz you the type to lose her, and imma bout to get her."

Word.





No comments:

Post a Comment