Friday, September 3, 2010

Let the real recognize real.

And just like that, summer's past. I know most of y'all Vancouverites wait for summer all year round. That first week of summer has always been the dopest- for me at least. Then you seem to forget about time all together until the next time you look at the calendar it's the last weekend of summer without even realizing. Or you get an email telling you the time slots you can register for courses for the upcoming fall semester. Personally, the realization that summer is over for me is when I start reflecting on the past two months. The good shit- the memories of the parties, drunken nights with some of the closest people to me, nights out and out of town trips with my girl, driving with the windows down bumpin' the latest Drake CD, climbing things I wasn't supposed to me climbing (haha), and staying up all night with "kush rolled [and my] glass full". Then all the shit I wish I didn't have to see, know, or come to terms with- family drama, finding out who I can really trust, realizing some people are shady as hell, shit talking, lying, secrets, drama. I don't know what it is about summer, maybe the carefree vibe of 32 degree weather make some people careless of what comes out of their mouths. Maybe it makes these people care LESS about the people they can potentially hurt- a lot. Or maybe, some people are just like that to begin with and I was just too blind to really see past the bullshit, fake ass sincerity that is there just for show.
I went MIA from a lot of people these past two months, and no it wasn't because of my girl. I'm tired of hearing so and so is saying this and so and so is saying that. Damn, why do people care about my personal life so much. I used to feel guilty that I took a break from everything, but all this time spent separate from my regular has opened my eyes. That time period of just stepping back and examining what I really wanted to do with myself and my life has really opened my eyes.
I'm tired of always trying to live up to everyone's expectations. I'm tired of trying to be what others' think I need to be. It's really nice to feel free of that guilt and just take a well deserved break. I now know what I want, what I need to do for myself, and I know what my OWN expectations are. I've always trapped myself in box of what other people expected out of me. I didn't realize that it was the only thing stopping me from achieving the things I can really achieve. If that makes sense-I don't want to box myself in anymore...
Now with school and a new season just around the corner, I'm ready to just do me. I'm not dancing with any groups this season. I've decided that I need time to do my own thing with the whole dance situation. It's time to hustle and stay on MY grind- not on anyone else's.
With everything that's happened during the summer I am proud to say that I know who the realest of my friends are- the ones that are down for me and won't front with this fake shit. I'm also really proud to say that I finally know what I want. I want it not because everyone else might want it- I want it because I feel like I'm meant to have it. That shit is mine and I'm not going to stop until I get it.

So a FUCK YOU goes out to everyone that's been doubting me.
and a FUCK Y'ALL to all that still doubt me.
and FUCK everyone that's ever put me down and played me a fool thinking you could get away with it.

People are gonna ask "What am I doin? What am I doin?", you wanna know what I'm doin?
From the sensible and logical words of drake

"I'm doin me, I'm living my life right now man. And this is what Ima do till it's over, till it's over- but it's far from over."

No comments:

Post a Comment