Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Old homies makin' me reminisce...

Just came home from Robson Square and I bumped into my homies Matt & Earl. Haven't seen these dudes in hella. They were part of my very first bboy crew, Style Force!! Seeing them made me reflect on when I first started to get into bgirling. I miss the old crew, I miss battling, and I miss being inspired by the scene. I look at old pictures now and only a couple years later...so much has changed. We aren't the starry eyed LG's & LB's anymore that thought we had the whole world figured out. Breakin' everyday, beefin' with other crews, and going to battles to represent OUR generation - damn those were good times. I've been closet practicing for a while and haven't battled in hella long but I'm hungry and ready to get back into it. Times have changed, I've changed, and my homies have changed but the one thing that hasn't changed in all of us is our passion to dance, to represent, to express ourselves....I think that's hella cool and also really comforting. To know that no matter what age we all know that we ain't never gonna stop dancing. I'm excited to see the way things end up 10 years from now...all of us 30 something, jobs, married maybe, maybe even kids but still throwin' down in a cypher. THAT'S WASSUP.
Style Force's very first battle as a crew.
Made it past prelims, holla!

Earl & I at the 1st Fight Before Christmas Jam
I was only 15 here!! And earl 16/17

Kyle & I at Fight Before Christmas

Matt & I @ Fight Before Christmas
I think we were 16/17 here

The most recent picture of us about 2 years ago. Missing Ken & Kyle.

I miss you guys and hope to see & cypher with y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment